Location: All courses are delivered at our Training Centre, 270 Whitley Wood Road, Reading RG2 8FS. Courses can also be delivered at the customer site, subject to agreement. Requests for customer site course delivery via phone 01189 212527 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981, Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) training enables a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work. EFAW equips the first-aider to apply first aid to specific injuries and illnesses ranging in type and seriousness.
- Understand the role of the first aider, importance of preventing cross infection; recording incidents; use of available equipment
- Assess the situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Certificate valid for 3 years.
Delegate quantity discounts available on request